NO LONGER AVAILABLE Summer Internship Overview
The CBST hosts a Summer Internship Program
for Undergraduate students. For a period of 8 to 12 weeks students get involved in on-going research projects in the following areas: Bioimaging, Molecular & Cellular Biophotonics and Medical Biophotonics.
Goals of the program
- Engage students in exciting, cutting edge, interdisciplinary scientific research
- Introduce students to various career paths in Biophotonics
- Increase the diversity of undergraduate students participating in CBST-related research
- Help develop the professional skills of undergraduate researchers
Benefits to students
- RESEARCH: Work with scientists, postdocs and graduate students in a real laboratory environment.
- LOCATIONS: Opt for a research internship at UC Davis campus (Davis, CA) and UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA). Other available options: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA and Mills College, Oakland, CA
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: Participate in a weekly workshops designed to help you develop skills in areas related to: résumé writing, public speaking, networking and career options.
- ANNUAL SUMMER INTERNSHIP SCIENTIFIC MEETING: Present your summer project at the Annual Summer Internship Scientific Meeting. All CBST researchers, students and postdocs are invited to attend.
- HAVE FUN: Participate in fun extra-curricular activities, including day-trips and pizza nights, aimed to bring interns together and favor the development of a supportive community.
- STIPEND: Receive a $400/week stipend to support the costs of local living.
What previous interns said about the program:
For additional information e-mail email@example.com