PROGRAM NO LONGER AVAILABLE
COMMITMENT, STIPEND & TRAVEL
- Interns will spend 40 h/wk under the direction of a CBST researcher.
- Students are awarded $400/wk for the duration of their summer internship. This stipend is intended
to cover the cost of living, including housing, food and local
transportation during the internship (CBST is NOT responsible for your housing arrangements, for helpful links see Housing and Living)
- For students coming from out of the Sacramento/Davis area, travel expenses will also be covered, i.e. plane ticket or mileage costs (Mileage costs will only be reimbursed if you live at least 100 miles from CBST in Sacramento: 2700 Stockton Blvd., Suite 1400
Sacramento, CA 95817).
INTERNSHIP EXIT REQUIREMENTS
- Students are expected to attend a Seminar Series (two hours per week) that includes the following topics:
Concepts in Biophotonics, Challenging Stereotypes, Professional Opportunities Within
Biophotonics (research, industry, education), Networking/Interview
Skills and Presentation Skills.
- The Seminar Series ends with an Internship Research Meeting, a session where interns give scientific presentations
on their research project (15 min. Power Point presentations). Researchers, postdocs and graduate students, that assist the interns as Primary or Secondary Mentors, are
invited to attend.
the end of the summer, students are expected to submit 2 paragraphs to be posted in the CBST web-site.
a. Abstract of research (maximum 250 words).
(maximum 250 words), including seminars, activities, working in
the laboratory, living in the area, meeting other interns, etc.
By accepting to participate in the program, students accept the commitment to complete an on-line survey shortly after the end of the summer.
What previous interns said about the program: